Five Types of Sugar
My Gold Sugar offers five types of sugar to customers:
- The Soft is best for fine hair on cooler body areas. It will not work very well on hot spots of the body, like bikini and underarms because it melts easier.
- The Medium-Soft will also get the finer hairs but will not melt as easy so you can use it on people who are a little warmer in temperature. I like this one for facial hair removal because faces are usually a bit warmer than arms and legs so the Soft can get a bit too melty. The Medium-Soft keeps it’s firmness better on the face and still gets the fine hairs better than the firmer sugars.
- The Medium is a good one to use if someone only wants to use one in their treatment room and they are doing all areas of the body. It can be warmed a bit more to get the finer hairs and used without warming for the hot spots like Brazilians and underarms.
- The Medium-Firm is my personal favorite for doing Brazilian waxing. It keeps it’s firmness so it’s less likely to get stuck on hot spots of the body. It also is still soft enough to get some of the blond hairs on the bikini area.
- The Firm works best for hot spots of the body. If someone is mainly using the sugar for bikini waxing and brazilians, this would be the one to use because it will keep it’s firmness even on clients who get really hot and sweaty during the service. It doesn’t work as good getting the fine hairs. It would still work on brows but it might be challenging to use on the upper lip. I always recommend this one for people who are first learning the sugaring technique because it won’t melt as easy. Once they get the technique down, they usually graduate to Medium-Firm.